Address and phone: Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS, Kutateladze Str. 18, Novosibirsk, 630128, Russian Federation. Phone: +7-383-3634272, Fax: +7-383-3634132.
Date and place of birth: 27.09.1989, Zarinsk, USSR Nationality: Russian
Languages spoken: Russian, English
|2006 – 2011||Specialist Degree (Chemistry) awarded by NovosibirskStateUniversity.|
|2011 – 2013||PhD Student, Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS.
In 2013 received PhD in Solid State Chemistry. Thesis: “Influence of low temperatures and high pressures on crystal structure and hydrogen bond parameters in crystals containing amino acids”.
|2009 – Present||Researcher, Institute of SolidState Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.|
|2008 – 2014||Junior Researcher, REC-008 “Molecular Design and Ecologically Safe Technologies”, NovosibirskStateUniversity, Novosibirsk, Russian Federation.|
|2013 – н.в.||Assistant, Chair of SolidState Chemistry, NovosibirskStateUniversity|
|2014 – н.в.||Engineer, Chair of SolidState Chemistry, NovosibirskStateUniversity|
|Main fields||physical and chemical properties of molecular crystals, crystal growing, X‑ray diffraction and Raman spectroscopy at extreme conditions (low temperatures and high pressures)|
|Other fields||solid state chemistry|
|Current research interest||properties of hydrogen bonds in molecular crystals at non-ambient conditions, phase transitions at low temperatures and high pressures, polymorphism; photocrystallography|
Since 2013 gives a practical course on the basics of structural analysis at NovosibirskStateUniversity.
Since 2014 gives a lection course on the basics of structural analysis at NovosibirskStateUniversity.
Research stays abroad
B.A. Zakharov has spent 2 months (August-September, 2010) in Helmholtz-Zentrum Berlin fuer Materialien und Energie GmbH (former Hahn-Meitner-Institut, Germany) for working on joint research project related to investigation of the properties of drugs (phenacetin, paracetamol and metacetin) at low temperatures by neutron scattering and neutron diffraction with Dr. H.N. Bordallo as a supervisor. Also he participated in the International School of Crystallization (Granada, Spain), and passed a special training course on assembling, adjustment and operating high-pressure cells of Almax-Boehler type at Almax-Industries company (Belgium, Dixmuide). B.A. Zakharov carried out high-pressure experiments on X-ray diffraction with synchrotron source (ESRF, Grenoble, France, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014). He is also certified service engineer of STOE & Cie GmbH Company which manufacture X-ray diffractometers (Since 8th of November 2013, Darmstadt, Germany)
1) First prize at the International Student Scientific Conference at NovosibirskStateUniversity (Novosibirsk, Russia, 2010)
2) Prize for the best poster from a student in Physics category from the IUCr at 26th European Crystallographic Meeting (Darmstadt, Germany, 2010)
3) First prize at the International Student Scientific Conference at NovosibirskStateUniversity (Novosibirsk, Russia, 2011)
4) Prize for the Winning Article in the 2011 BRHE Young Scientist Article Competition (Irkutsk, Russia, 2011)
5) First prize in the Young Scientist Project Competition at the Annual Scientific Conference in the Institute of Solid State Chemistry and Mechanochemistry SB RAS (Novosibirsk, Russia, 2012)
6) Struchkov prize for the best research work of young scientist in the field of crystallography (Moscow, Russia, 2013)
List of main publications
- Zakharov, B.A., Boldyreva, E.V. DL-alaninium semi-oxalate monohydrate // Acta Crystallographica Section C. – 2011. – V. 67. – N 2. – P. o47-o51.
- Zakharov, B.A., Kolesov, B.A., Boldyreva, E.V. Monitoring selected hydrogen bonds in crystal hydrates of amino acid salts: combining variable-temperature single-crystal X-ray diffraction and polarized Raman spectroscopy // Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. – 2011. – V. 13. – N 28. – P. 13106-13116.
- Zakharov, B.A., Kolesov, B.A., Boldyreva, E.V. Effect of pressure on crystalline L- and DL-serine: revisited by a combined single-crystal X-ray diffraction at a laboratory source and polarized Raman spectroscopy study // Acta Crystallographica Section B. – 2012. – V. 68. – P. 275-286.
- Zakharov, B.A., Losev, E.A., Kolesov, B.A., Drebushchak, V.A., Boldyreva, E.V. A low-temperature phase transition in glycine – glutaric acid co-crystals studied by single-crystal X-ray diffraction, Raman spectroscopy and differential scanning calorimetry // Acta Crystallographica Section B. – 2012. – V. 68. – P. 287-296.
- Zakharov, B.A., Achkasov, A.F. A compact device for loading diamond anvil cells with low boiling pressure-transmitting media // Journal of Applied Crystallography. – 2013. – V. 46. – P. 267-269.
- Zakharov B.A., Losev E.A., Boldyreva E.V. Polymorphism of “glycine – glutaric acid” co-crystals: the same phase at low temperatures and high pressures // CrystEngComm. – 2013. – V. 15. – P. 1693-1697.
- Zakharov B.A., Boldyreva E.V. A high-pressure single-crystal to single-crystal phase transition in DL-alaninium semi-oxalate monohydrate with switching-over hydrogen bonds // Acta Crystallographica Section B. – 2013. – V. 69. – P. 271-280.
- Naumov P., SahooS.C., Zakharov B.A., Boldyreva E.V. Dynamic Single Crystals: Kinematic Analysis of Photoinduced Crystal Jumping (The Photosalient Effect) // Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. – 2013. – V. 52. – P. 9990-9995.
- Zakharov B.A., Boldyreva E.V. Reversible pressure-induced disordering in bis(DL-serinium) oxalate dihydrate // Journal of Molecular Structure. – 2014, DOI: 10.1016/j.molstruc.2014.04.067.
- Bruce-Smith I.F., Zakharov B.A., Stare J., Boldyreva E.V., Pulham, C.R. Structural Properties of Nickel Dimethylglyoxime at High Pressure: Single-Crystal X-ray Diffraction and DFT Studies // The Journal of Physical Chemistry C. – 2014, DOI: 10.1021/jp508939g.